quinta-feira, fevereiro 17, 2005

How, how, Cordelia? mend your speech a little...



Dear Mr President

I’ve had the opportunity to listen to your speech yesterday. Unfortunately I am not too sure what it was all about (as usual) , nevertheless I wish I could have the means, other than my modest blog, to tell you that I am only too pleased to hear your fluent speech in Shakespeare mother tongue. Considering that when you attended school Mr Sócrates was still “making bricks” (pardon me, but I couldn’t help the literal translation of this so portuguese expression) your fluency can only be reported to your outstanding skill and wisdom. I dare to say that you are the finest expression of the Presidents we should have had in the past and surely must have in future.

It is rather appropriate that we finally have someone like Mr. Sócrates with the necessary accountability, transparency and transference ( I could not make a proper interpretation for this last word, but it’s your own words...) to carry a daring and ambitious programme to teach the English language at school. Bless him Mr. President and bless you too, notwithstanding the fact that you are not very fond of blessings but it was a rare and touching moment when I heard you at the TSF and couldn’t help to ignore the fact.

Sincerely yours

Espumante

3 Comments:

At 6:39 da tarde, Anonymous Anónimo disse...

No comments :))))

 
At 1:18 da manhã, Blogger Nelson Reprezas disse...

Este comentário foi removido por um gestor do blogue.

 
At 1:20 da manhã, Anonymous Anónimo disse...

Anónimo
Much obliged for not commenting :)

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home